Monday, June 1, 2009

Can it be...

Can it be - it is only June 1, and I already feel fall in the air. We haven't even gotten to summer yet, and the secret dread I harbor for fall is already here. It is not that there is anything wrong with fall. I love fall. I love the crisp evenings and the colorful leaves - at least while they are still on the trees. It is more what comes AFTER fall that I worry about - months and months that aren't, well, that aren't summer.
We have very mild winters considering - but um, considering I grew up in TEXAS, they can wear on a person.
It is about 7 p.m and the temp has dipped to an even 68 degrees. I think the high was about 73 - and I stole 3 minutes of sunshine between meetings.
The other night, we went to the big town of Greeley to watch the Colorado Foxes play the Greeley Greys (baseball - NOT major league). It was so cold, we left in the middle of the 7th with our Foxes up 8-1. (Can it be - I picked up the paper the next morning and we'd lost 9-8....)
I was in Boston last week for work, and it was 56 and rainy cold. And of course, I didn't bring a sweater or a jacket....

Summer, summer - come out and play!
What are your summer memories?
Candies? Cruisin'? Corral? Share them!

Mary

No comments: