Monday, January 5, 2009

Online Reunion

About a year ago, a fellow parishoner introduced me to Facebook. I didn't think much about it. I setup a page with limited personal information and in the months to follow, I'd receive that occasional email from Facebook indicating a friend was wanting to add me as their friend to their page.

Well people, let me tell you....I never gave Facebook serious attention until Christmas break. At the beginning of December, I might have had five (5) friends listed on my page. Then during the break, I get an email from Facebook saying Jill Bowerman wants to add me as her friend. Not only did I say "yes", but I actually spent some time on Facebook and was excited to see (and find) so many familiar faces from SHS. In this two week period, my "friend count" has climbed from 5 to 76. I've touched base with folks I haven't seen in over 20 years...even my first teacher crush - Mr. Menking (I know Monica Brawner will get excited on that one).

So take a few minutes and see who you can reunite with. From my experience, you can pull up names without a Facebook account; however keep in mind the info you find will be limited, and there's always the possibility that a person's page is set so that you can only view it if you have an account.

I'm excited about this online tool. It's a great way to stay connected with those we hold close in our hearts and memories.

http://www.facebook.com/

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2009.
Lavonne

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I have been so excited about how many people I have found on facebook and have even reunited with some old friends I thought I'd lost forever. I love facebook!